Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WCF - Error in deserializing body of reply message

I used WCF services to connect to a SOAP service at Cyber Source.

Visual Studio takes care of most details which is great but the code didnt work. The reply threw a CommunicationException with the message:

"Error in deserializing body of reply message for operation 'runTransaction'."

The problem (for me) is that the buffer sizes are too small. I needed to increase the size of the maxTableCharCount parameter in the config file.

<readerQuotas maxDepth="32" maxStringContentLength="8192" maxArrayLength="16384"
maxBytesPerRead="4096" maxNameTableCharCount="16384" />


I found the answer here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wcf/thread/9bce995f-21d6-4898-9c17-31d6b10587cb/

No comments:

Post a Comment

ASP.Net 5 - Simple Html Page App

Motivation As part of a recent undertaking to learn Angular JS I started using the beta version of ASP.Net 5.   I figured why not introdu...